Jim “First Down” Brown
School: Syracuse University
1954: 439 Rush Yds, 5.9 Yards Per Carry, 4 Total TD
1955: 666 Rush Yds, 5.2 Yards Per Carry, 7 Total TD
1956: 986 Rush Yds, 6.2 Yards per carry, 14 Total TD
- Jim Brown is not only considered to be the greatest running back of all-time, but the best athlete to ever play the game.
- In his senior season at Syracuse, Brown was a unanimous first team All-American and finished fifth in the Heisman Trophy voting.
- Brown’s most famous collegiate performance came against Colgate, rushing for 197 yards, scoring six touchdowns, and kicking seven extra points.
- Brown was also a world class lacrosse player for Syracuse and collected ten varsity letters in four sports during his college career.
- Jim was enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1971 and College Football Hall of Fame in 1985.
Here’s a collection of Jim Brown’s best collegiate and pro highlights.