Ohio State – save for Ole Miss and Laremy Tunsil – was the story of the NFL Draft’s first round.
The Buckeyes had five former players – Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, Eli Apple, Taylor Decker and Darron Lee – taken in the top 20 on Thursday night.
— Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) April 29, 2016
An SEC team could top that total next year and beat Miami’s 2004 record of six first-round picks.
It’s possible LSU could see seven former Tigers taken in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Walter Football’s 2017 mock draft currently has seven LSU players getting selected in the first round.
- Running back Leonard Fournette
- Safety Jamal Adams
- Cornerback Tre’Davious White
- Offensive lineman Ethan Pocic
- Defensive end/OLB Lewis Neal
- Wide receiver Malachi Dupre
- Defensive lineman Davon Godchaux
You can view Walter Football’s 2017 first round mock draft here.