Here’s who will make it if these two teams lose.
The most chaos in the College Football Playoff’s selection process will come if the following two teams lose on Saturday:
- Oklahoma (to TCU in the Big 12 title game)
- Wisconsin (to Ohio State in the Big Ten title game)
This would leave us will the following College Football Playoff-worthy teams:
- ACC champion (Clemson or Miami)
- SEC champion (Auburn or Georgia)
- Big Ten champion Ohio State
- Big 12 champion TCU
- 11-2 Oklahoma (with a dominant win over Ohio State)
- 11-1 Alabama
- Pac-12 champion (potentially 11-2 USC)
Who will make it?
According to ESPN, the following four teams:
- ACC champion
- SEC champion
- Ohio State
A College Football Playoff of Alabama, Auburn, Clemson and Ohio State would be a dream scenario for the TV executives.