Here’s how we see the final AP Poll for the 2016-2017 college football season shaking out.
Sadly, there is just one college football game left on the 2016-2017 schedule. Alabama and Clemson, yet again, will meet for the national title next Monday night in a game that hopefully will live up to the hype.
This year’s bowl season started slow, but finished strong. Michigan and Florida State gave fans an instant classic on Friday night. Penn State and USC did the same on Monday. Needless to say, it’s going to be hard to sort through the madness to create a final poll that makes sense.
Let’s take a look at what we think the AP’s voters will decide after next Monday’s contest:
Predicting The Final AP Poll Of 2016-2017
Teams Ranked 25-16:
25. Air Force – The Falcons finished the season with six straight wins, including one over South Alabama in the Arizona Bowl.
24. Tennessee – The Vols finished an up-and-down season with a victory over Nebraska and should finish the year ranked.
23. Miami – The Hurricanes beat No. 14 West Virginia and should move back into the rankings after winning their last five games.
22. Utah – The Utes should jump back into the rankings after beating Indiana in the Foster Farms Bowl.
21. Auburn – The Tigers had some serious quarterback issues in the Sugar Bowl and got blown out by Oklahoma as a result. Finishing with an 8-5 record isn’t good enough for Auburn fans.
20. West Virginia – The Mountaineers lost to Miami and will likely drop at least five spots.
19. Western Michigan – WMU finally met its match against Wisconsin, and the Broncos will likely fall a number of spots in the aftermath. Can they keep P.J. Fleck?
18. USF – The Bulls survived South Carolina and should move up at least a few spots.
17. Louisville – The Cardinals had a tough draw playing against LSU. Finishing with a 9-4 record likely won’t satisfy many who thought this team could contend.
16. Colorado – The Buffaloes laid an egg against Oklahoma State, but they should still finish the season ranked in the top 20.