Nick Saban made a surprising statement today.
Alabama is undefeated. The Tide are in position to become the first ever 15-0 team in college football history. And yet, Alabama head coach Nick Saban still doesn’t think his team is the best in the country.
During their media tours, Nick Saban and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney were asked a series of questions. Saban had high praise for Clemson ahead of the College Football Playoff National Championship. This statement comes courtesy of Tigernet.com.
“If you’re going to compete for a championship, and I think that Clemson deserves to be here, and I think they’re the best team, and I think our team deserves to be here, and they’ve done a great job all year to beat a lot of good teams to have the opportunity to get here, as well.”
Saban is right to respect his counterpart in Dabo Swinney, as Clemson nearly defeated the Tide in last year’s national championship.
Alabama and Clemson kick off at 8:00 p.m. E.T. on Monday, Jan. 10.
Predicting The Final AP Poll Of 2016-2017
Teams Ranked 25-16:
25. Air Force – The Falcons finished the season with six straight wins, including one over South Alabama in the Arizona Bowl.
24. Tennessee – The Vols finished an up-and-down season with a victory over Nebraska and should finish the year ranked.
23. Miami – The Hurricanes beat No. 14 West Virginia and should move back into the rankings after winning their last five games.
22. Utah – The Utes should jump back into the rankings after beating Indiana in the Foster Farms Bowl.
21. Auburn – The Tigers had some serious quarterback issues in the Sugar Bowl and got blown out by Oklahoma as a result. Finishing with an 8-5 record isn’t good enough for Auburn fans.
20. West Virginia – The Mountaineers lost to Miami and will likely drop at least five spots.
19. Western Michigan – WMU finally met its match against Wisconsin, and the Broncos will likely fall a number of spots in the aftermath. Can they keep P.J. Fleck?
18. USF – The Bulls survived South Carolina and should move up at least a few spots.
17. Louisville – The Cardinals had a tough draw playing against LSU. Finishing with a 9-4 record likely won’t satisfy many who thought this team could contend.
16. Colorado – The Buffaloes laid an egg against Oklahoma State, but they should still finish the season ranked in the top 20.