ESPN’s 538 March Madness Predictions are here. But what are Duke’s chances to win each round?
The 2017 NCAA Tournament Bracket was released Sunday night. Many have already filled out brackets, while others are waiting to see who the experts pick so they have an idea of who will go far in the tourney. Other fans already have their favorite teams winning it all.
So, Duke fans, do you have the Blue Devils winning it all? Wondering what the win probability for each round is for Coach K and company?
Well, wait no longer.
ESPN’s 538 created their March Madness Predictions for this year’s tournament — and Duke has a good chance. Here are the most-likely round-by-round matchups for Duke throughout the tournament.
- First Round: No. 2 Duke vs. No. 15 Troy: Duke has a 97% chance to advance
- Second Round: No. 2 Duke vs. No. 7 South Carolina: Duke has a 78% chance to advance
- Sweet 16: No. 2 Duke vs. No. 6 SMU: Duke has a 51% chance to advance
- Elite Eight: No. 2 Duke vs. No. 1 Villanova: Duke has a 24% chance to advance
- Final Four: No. 2 Duke vs. No. 1 Gonzaga: Duke has a 12% chance to advance
- NCAA Championship Game: No. 2 Duke vs. No. 1 Kansas: Duke has a 7% chance to win it all
Well, there you have it. The round-by-round predictions for who Duke is most-likely to play, and its chances to advance to the next round.