Whether you’re new to the Twitter game or just looking for a few more accounts to follow, College Spun has you covered. We’ve put together what we consider to be 40 of the best handles you can follow to stay up-to-date on college athletics. It’s a mixture of reporters, blogs, athletes and parody accounts – all of which serve a purpose, one way or another.
Each handle displayed is hyperlinked, making it easy for you to quickly follow any of the accounts you like.
If you have any good suggestions for handles we missed, let us know by tweeting @CollegeSpun. The list is not displayed in any particular order:
1. Brett McMurphy – ESPN college football reporter: @McMurphyESPN
“College Football Playoff” new name for 4-team playoff, sources told @espn. Official announcement Tuesday evening
— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) April 23, 2013
2. Sean Keeley – Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician Blogger: @NunesMagician
These BCS people really live in an alternate reality, huh?
— Sean Keeley (@NunesMagician) April 23, 2013
3. Jeff Goodman – CBS Sports Senior Basketball Writer: @GoodmanCBS
Julius Randle an absolute beast when he decides to just do work in the paint. Key for him is understanding what he truly is.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 21, 2013
4. Marshall Henderson – Ole Miss guard: @NativeFlash22
BRICK SQUADDDDDDDDDD #WAKAAAA
— marshall henderson (@NativeFlash22) April 20, 2013
5. Sarah Spain – ESPNW Writer: @SarahSpain
@bruce_arthur So quit procrastinating and get back to writing it. And don’t skimp on the word count. Length matters.
— Sarah Spain(@SarahSpain) April 23, 2013
6. Adam Kramer – Blogger, Bleacher Report Lead CFB Writer: @KegsnEggs
‘College Football Playoff’ just barely edged out ‘Nick Saban’s Wild Ride’ and ‘No Big Tens Allowed’ according to sources.
— Adam Kramer (@KegsnEggs) April 23, 2013
7. Johnny Manziel – Texas A&M quarterback: @JManziel2
ABSOLUTELY PHOTOSHOPPED. People are always out to get me…sorry for kissing my trophy
— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) April 22, 2013
8. Being Bielema – Parody account of coach Bret Bielema: @BeingBeilema
Got super tipsy last night and listened to White Rabbit on repeat for 3 hours. I don’t get that song, it doesn’t make any sense.
— BeingBielema (@BeingBielema) April 16, 2013
9. War Blogle – An Auburn blog: @WarBlogle
You don’t even understand capitalization. WE @selenaroopstigo: again, auburn never mentions the due process core of the story…
— WarBlogle.com (@WarBlogle) April 22, 2013
10. Thug Trevor Cooney – Parody account of Trevor Cooney: @ThugCooney
SHOUTOUT TO MCW FOR LEAVING EARLY. JUST DONT TURN INTO JONNY FLYNN, WES J,PAUL HARRIS, DEVENDORF, DONTE GREENE, ETC……
— Thug Trevor Cooney (@ThugCooney) April 10, 2013
11. Rock Chalk Blog – Independent Kansas blog: @RockChalkBlog
Lakers fans are cute. Still tweeting about their season when it ended with Kobe Bryant’s injury.
— RockChalkBlog.com (@RockChalkBlog) April 18, 2013
12. Bruce Feldman – CBS Sports Columnist: @BFeldmanCBS
Always awed when I see shots of #NotreDame campus. Now about those temps in the 30s for a spring day…
— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) April 20, 2013
13. John Calipari – Kentucky Basketball coach: @UKCoachCalipari
Thanks to Rodney Pierson and all the folks at @pennstationsubs for lunch today. I went with the Italian.
— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) April 22, 2013
14. The Oregon Duck – Oregon’s mascot: @TheOregonDuck
— The Oregon Duck (@TheOregonDuck) April 20, 2013
15. The SEC Logo – A handle dedicated to the SEC: @SEC_Logo
College Football Playoff, AKA lets find out who’s going to lose to the SEC
— The SEC Logo (@SEC_Logo) April 23, 2013
16. Nicole Auerbach – USA Today college basketball reporter: @NicoleAuerbach
Oh, Twitter. Banner day once again.
— Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) April 17, 2013
17. John Walters – Former SI sportswriter, ND alum: @jdubs88
So if u r a student at ASU you’ve now got a 30 to 40-minute bus ride to a home game. Have fun with that, Devils.
— John Walters (@jdubs88) April 23, 2013
18. Eamonn Brennan – ESPN college basketball writer: @eamonnbrennan
Oh and if anyone thinks trolling is reserved for comment sections and sports arguments, that book review should remind you: It’s everywhere.
— Eamonn Brennan (@eamonnbrennan) April 23, 2013
19. Roll Bama Roll – “The champagne of Bama blogs”: @rollbamaroll
— Roll Bama Roll (@rollbamaroll) April 19, 2013
20. The Phog – A handle dedicated to the Jayhawks: @phoggg
I wanna play golf with Angel Cabrera. #Masters
— The Phog (@phoggg) April 14, 2013
21. Block U – SBNation Utah blog: @BlockU
I hate driving. When did it come to this? I remember when I couldn’t wait to get my license.
— Block U (@BlockU) April 23, 2013
22. Reign of Troy – FanSided USC blog: @ReignofTroy
“Final Four” is perfect. “Frozen Four” is great too. Perhaps the NCAA is preparing for future expansion by not locking into a number.
— Reign of Troy (@ReignofTroy) April 23, 2013
23. Saturday Down South – SEC football website: @SDS
128 days until SEC football.
— Saturday Down South (@SDS) April 23, 2013
24. Dick Vitale – ESPN college basketball analyst: @DickieV
TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME! twitter.com/DickieV/status…
— Dick Vitale (@DickieV) April 21, 2013
25. Dennis Dodd – CBS Sports college football writer: @dennisdoddcbs
Is the ACC doing a network? Consider the enhancement of Notre Dame playing on it.
— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) April 23, 2013
26. Eleven Warriors – Ohio State fan community/blog: @11W
We did it, folks. There’s a chance “Legends” and “Leaders” could be a thing of the past this time next week. #B1GGreatestGeneration
— Eleven Warriors (@11W) April 19, 2013
27. Pat Forde – Yahoo! Sports sportswriter: @YahooForde
On collegefootballplayoff.com you can vote for the logo for the playoff. Four, um, uninspired choices.
— Pat Forde (@YahooForde) April 23, 2013
28. Joe Lunardi – ESPN Bracketologist: @ESPNLunardi
Does anyone realize (I didn’t) that a potential Cuse-Marq regional final is a Committee error?
— Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) March 29, 2013
29. Louis Nix III – Notre Dame defensive tackle: @1IrishChocolate
Embarrassed that i am muggle. 🙁
— lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) April 23, 2013
30. TNNDN – Positive Notre Dame network: @TNNDN
— The New ND Nation (@TNNDN) April 20, 2013
31. Lost Lettermen – The “IMDB” of college sports: @LostLettermen
Kentucky Fan Names Dog ‘John Wall’:bit.ly/12cEJnd
— LostLettermen.com (@LostLettermen) April 23, 2013
32. EDSBS – Every Day Should Be Saturday – SBNation blog: @EDSBS
I am watching a short film about Chris Bosh existing in 12 dimensions. It features Mike Miller as an intergalactic werewolf. #accurate
— edsbs (@edsbs) April 23, 2013
33. Deadspin – Sports News Without Access, Favor, Or Discretion: @Deadspin
You can’t really go wrong with a story that begins “An elusive naked man…” deadsp.in/oDzK6aG
— Deadspin (@Deadspin) April 23, 2013
34. Jason McIntyre – The Big Lead Editor-in-Chief: @TheBigLead
will buzz build in the next 48 hours for San Francisco packaging 3-4 picks to move up to 9 or 13 to get Tavon Austin? Jets should do it
— Jason McIntyre (@TheBigLead) April 23, 2013
35. John Infante – “Proprietor of the Bylaw Blog”: @John_Infante
People complaining about the name realize it could have been NCAA Division I FBS Football Championship?
— John Infante (@John_Infante) April 23, 2013
36. Jim Young – ACCSports.com writer: @ACCSports
Okay Swoff, you’ve stabilized the ACC. Now do something about SEC schools raiding North Carolina for best football talent
— Jim Young (@ACCSports) April 23, 2013
37. Joe Schad – ESPN college football reporter: @schadjoe
Auburn has completed a review of alleged academic fraud and found none
— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) April 22, 2013
38. The UConn Blog – SBNation UConn blog: @theuconnblog
UConn has announced a logo revision: an albatross with Paul Pasqualoni’s face hanging around Kevin Ollie’s neck.
— TheUConnBlog (@theuconnblog) April 22, 2013
39. Jay Bilas – ESPN college basketball analyst: @JayBilas
You gotta play it how it go, you can’t cheat on life. You better drink a Red Bull, you can’t sleep on life. I gotta go to work.
— Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) April 23, 2013
40. College Spun – Saving the best for last: @CollegeSpun
It’s honestly as if the NCAA was thinking about SEO when it decided on the College Football Playoff name
— College Spun (@CollegeSpun) April 23, 2013