The father of the Ball boys has announced some stunning news.
LaVar Ball announced this evening some “stunning” news for his youngest son, LaMelo Ball.
The patriarch of Big Baller Brand announced that five-star recruit LaMelo Ball is being pulled from his high school, Chino Hills.
LaMelo will be trained and home-schooled by LaVar for the next two years.
Stunning news: LaVar Ball said he is pulling junior LaMelo from Chino Hills and will home-school him the next two years and train him.
— eric sondheimer (@latsondheimer) October 2, 2017
LaMelo is the most-popular high school basketball player in the country, with more than 2 million followers on Instagram. He’s a focal point of the Ball family’s new Facebook show and his AAU games have drawn huge crowds. He’s ranked the No. 4 PG and No. 17 overall recruit in the 2019 class by 247Sports’ Composite Rankings.
Earlier this year, Big Baller Brand announced a signature shoe for LaMelo, which might be in violation of NCAA rules. LaMelo, like his two older brothers, is committed to play at UCLA.
Today, LaMelo Ball becomes the 1st high school player ever to have his own signature shoe. The "Melo Ball 1" pic.twitter.com/3EpJuBA1EF
— Big Baller Brand (@bigballerbrand) August 31, 2017
When asked about LaMelo potentially being ineligible, LaVar basically said he didn’t care.
“We’ll worry about it when we get there,” LaVar Ball told ESPN. “Who cares? If he can’t play, then he can’t play. It doesn’t mean he’ll stop working out and getting better.”