Ryan Lochte lost all of his endorsements, but his fame isn’t going away.
According to multiple reports, the 32-year-old swimmer is likely to appear on next season’s Dancing With The Stars on ABC.
JUST IN: Ryan Lochte likely to appear on next season of "Dancing With The Stars" https://t.co/Phgh9BN2EL
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) August 24, 2016
Sources told ESPN.com, ABC officials initiated conversations for Lochte to appear on the celebrity show before the Summer Games, and negotiations continued after the 12-time Olympic medalist was involved in a drunken incident at a Rio de Janeiro gas station, for which he has since apologized.
Sources said negotiations had proceeded so smoothly last week, that Lochte was a virtual shoo-in to be on the 23rd season of the show, which begins on Sept 12.
The cast will reportedly be unveiled on ABC’s Good Morning America on Aug. 30.
This will not be Lochte’s first appearance on reality television.
Back in 2013, following the 2012 Summer Olympics in which Lochte won five medals – two golds, two silvers and a bronze – he was the subject of a show on E!.
Lochte’s What Would Ryan Lochte Do? debuted in April 2013. It was cancelled after one season.
Will you be watching the now-troubled United States’ swimmer on Dancing With The Stars?