Update: The NCAA has released its official report on the Miami investigation — you can check it out here.
Earlier: More than two years after the investigation began into the University of Miami’s Nevin Shapiro scandal, the NCAA has finally issued a ruling. Here are the sanctions that have been handed out, per a report by the Miami Herald:
- The Miami football program will lose three scholarships over each of the next three years (nine total)
- The football program will face no bowl ban
- The Miami basketball program will lose 2-3 scholarships
- Former basketball coach Frank Haith, now with Missouri, will be suspended five games this year
- Former football assistants Clint Hurtt, Aubrey Hill, and Jorge Fernandez will receive 2-year show cause penalties
Here’s the original Yahoo! report on the Shapiro scandal, which broke the story back in 2011.