College football’s conference championship week is finally here. In the ACC, the third ranked Clemson Tigers will battle it out against the Virginia Cavaliers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Tigers’ early season struggles seem like a distant memory. Clemson has been one of the best teams in the country since a close win against North Carolina early in the season. Much of the Tigers’ late season success is due to the stellar play of QB Trevor Lawrence.
Lawrence is back to his usual self and as dangerous as ever. The Clemson quarterback has thrown for 2,870 passing yards for 30 touchdowns while also adding seven rushing scores. If Virginia has any shot on Saturday, it’ll have to find a way to rattle Lawrence.
The Cavaliers are coming off a monumental victory over Virginia Tech last weekend. The Hokies had won 15 straight in the rivalry series before Virginia’s win on Saturday.
Can the Cavaliers pull of another massive win against Clemson? ESPN doesn’t think so.
The Worldwide Leader in Sports is anticipating a massive Tigers’ victory, as ESPN’s Matchup Predictor gives them a 94.9 percent chance to win. Virginia’s chance of victory is just 5.1 percent.
If ESPN’s prediction holds true, Saturday’s ACC Conference Championship might just be a blowout, in favor of the Clemson Tigers.