This past college football season featured minimal non-conference contests between ranked opponents. But that hasn’t been the case in college basketball so far. The young hoops season has not disappointed as top teams battle it out against each other.
The slate of marquee match-ups continues this week in the Big Ten/ACC challenge. No. 6 Ohio State travels to Chapel Hill to take on the seventh-ranked Tar Heels at 9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.
The Buckeyes received plenty of preseason love from national hoops analysts, and they’re living up to the billing so far. Ohio State is 7-0 on the year, but North Carolina will be its toughest test yet.
As for the Tar Heels, a typically explosive offense is still trying to find its groove. Despite mediocre offensive play, UNC is 6-1 with its lone loss coming against No. 4 Michigan.
Will the Tar Heels’ tougher schedule up to this point help them against undefeated Ohio State on Wednesday night? ESPN thinks so.
ESPN’s Matchup Predictor gives North Carolina a 55.5 percent chance to beat the Buckeyes. On the flip side, Ohio State’s chances are set at 44.5 percent chance of winning.
Looks like it’s going to be a hotly contested game on Wednesday night. It’ll be tough for the Buckeyes to take down North Carolina on its home floor.
Which team will emerge victorious on Wednesday – Ohio State or North Carolina?