The NCAA Tournament has been nothing but spectacular thus far, and we’re only through the first round of action. While Thursday brought a number of upsets – including two 12-seeds knocking off 5-seeds, it had nothing on Friday. For the first time in NCAA Tournament history, a 13-seed, a 14-seed and a 15-seed all won on the same day. And that was before all of the insanity that went down just after midnight.
In the second round, we have some incredible matchups. Yale vs. Duke. Kansas vs. UConn. Iowa vs. Villanova. And of course, Kentucky vs. Indiana.
Here’s an updated look at the bracket. By the time you’re back at work on Monday, it’ll be trimmed down to the Sweet 16.
As a reminder, there are eight contests slated for Saturday. Here they are, in order:
(3) Miami vs. (11) Wichita State: 12:10 PM ET
(4) Duke vs. (12) Yale: 2:40 PM ET
(4) Kentucky vs. (5) Indiana: 5:15 PM ET
(4) Iowa State vs. (12) Arkansas Little-Rock: 6:10 PM ET
(1) Virginia vs. (9) Butler: 7:10 PM ET
(1) Kansas vs. (9) UConn: 7:45 PM ET
(3) Utah vs. (11) Gonzaga: 8:40 PM ET
(1) North Carolina vs. (9) Providence: 9:40 PM ET
Let’s hope round two is as exciting as round one.