Skip to main content

Five-Star Recruit Sets Official Visit Date For Kansas

LAWRENCE, KS - FEBRUARY 07:  A cheerleader cheers behind balls displaying the Kansas logo prior to the start of the game between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and the Kansas Jayhawks on February 7, 2009 at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, Kansas.  (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

LAWRENCE, KS - FEBRUARY 07: A cheerleader cheers behind balls displaying the Kansas logo prior to the start of the game between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and the Kansas Jayhawks on February 7, 2009 at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, Kansas. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

The Kansas Jayhawks are only a few weeks away from a showdown with defending national champion Villanova. But when they do take on the Wildcats at Allen Fieldhouse on December 15, there will be an important player observing.

According to KUSports.com, five-star prospect R.J. Hampton is slated to be in attendance for his official visit during the game.

Hampton is the No. 1 ranked Combo Guard in the 2020 recruiting class, according to 247Sports. He is the No. 5 prospect overall (No. 4 on Rivals) and the No. 1 ranked prospect from the state of Texas.

247Sports' Crystal Ball Prediction has Hampton at a 75% chance of going to Duke, with a 25% chance of going to Kansas.

Suffice it to say, Bill Self will probably want to make sure his players are on their best behavior in the presence of such a prized athlete.

Kansas' Class of 2018 included two five-star guards: Quentin Grimes and Devon Dotson.

The Jayhawks don't have any commits for the 2020 class yet, per 247Sports.