Entering this weekend’s Iowa football recruiting event, one Hawkeyes’ recruiting analyst said it might be the biggest the program has had in at least 17 years. It may be hard to know for sure, but the results have been there.
Iowa’s 2020 class currently sits at 20 players. Six have come since Friday, when the recruiting event began. A number of others date back just a week or so, so the Hawkeyes have been on a real role.
That puts Iowa at No. 18 overall in 247Sports’ composite team rankings. The class ranks third in the Big Ten.
The recruiting wins don’t stop there though. Iowa landed its second 2021 recruit, four-star tackle Connor Colby, on Friday as well.
Just this afternoon, the Hawkeyes opened up the 2022 class with the commitment of defensive end Aaron Graves.
— David Eickholt (@DEickholt247) June 25, 2019
Here are the six players in the 2020 Iowa recruiting class that gave their commitments this weekend.
Rankings via 247 Sports composite system:
- Three-star, No. 193 wide receiver AJ Lawson (Decatur, IL)
- Three-star, No. 57 strong-side defensive end Lukas Van Ness (Barrington, NJ)
- Three-star, No. 35 strong-side defensive end Aaron Witt (Winona, MN)
- Three-star, No. 54 safety Reggie Bracy (Mobile, AL)
- Two-star, No. 100 inside linebacker Jay Higgins (Indianapolis, IN)
- Two-star, No. 216 cornerback Brenden Deasfernandes (Belleville, MI)
There’s a lot of time left in the 2020 cycle but Iowa’s class is filling up fast.