Here’s how much Michigan football’s assistant coaches are paid.
USA TODAY published today its assistant coach salaries database.
There are 15 college football assistant coaches making $1 million or more, and three of them work under Jim Harbaugh.
Despite sending an outrageous sum on assistants, though, the Wolverines have yet to win a Big Ten title or more than 10 games in a season during Harbaugh's tenure.
Here are Michigan’s highest-paid assistants:
- Defensive coordinator Don Brown — $1.3 million
- Offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton — $1.15 million
- Offensive coordinator/OL coach Tim Drevno — $1.15 million
- DL coach Greg Mattison — $525k
- Tackles/tight ends coach Greg Frey — $500k
- Linebackers coach Chris Partridge — $350k
- Defensive backs coach Michael Zordich — $295k
- Running backs coach Jay Harbaugh — $225k
- Defensive backs coach Brian Smith — $150
You can view the full database here.