With National Signing Day just a few days away, college football coaches are all making their last-minute pitches to undecided recruits. New Michigan tight ends coach Jay Harbaugh is apparently pulling out all of the stops in an attempt to land four-star tight end recruit Chris Clark. Clark, who is deciding between the Wolverines and the UCLA Bruins, posted a photo of a personal letter that Harbaugh penned to him. It outlines the eight reasons that Clark should commit to Michigan.
— Chris Clark (@Clark8Chris) January 30, 2015
If you’re having trouble reading the reasons – we’ve transcribed them below.
1. We have used, know how to use, and will use tight ends…a lot!
2. You can wear #8 here! & 104,909 – 74,340 = 30,569 more people will see it every week if you come to the Big House.
3. We are close to Chicago / Indianapolis / Cleveland / Detroit / Madison / Milwaukee / Green Bay / Buffalo.
4. We will have a QB…A good one!
5. The is the best public school in American –> You don’t survive Avon to go anywhere but the best.
6. We have the most wins…ever.
7. We have the biggest adidas contract in the nation! –> More gear.
8. This is a very special time @ a very special place…That’s how legacies are cemented. We are both going to be a part of that! I promise you we will win & grow together.
We’ll see if it’s enough to land Clark’s services. This would be a huge get for the program.