Skip to main content

Nebraska The New Favorite For WR Demariyon Houston

Big Ten football program Nebraska football's game day balloon release.

LINCOLN, NE - AUGUST 31: Nebraska fans release red balloons after the Nebraska Cornhuskers score their first points of the game against the Wyoming Cowboys at Memorial Stadium on August 31, 2013 in Lincoln, Nebraska. (Photo by Eric Francis/Getty Images)

Demariyon Houston is among the 2019 recruits who has taken time beyond the December early signing period to come to a decision.

The Oklahoma City native's recruitment seems to be heading in a new direction.

For a while, it looked like the Texas Longhorns might be the team to beat, which isn't a huge surprise. Tom Herman has done a fantastic job in the 2019 recruiting cycle.

Houston had previously been committed to the Longhorns.

Instead, Nebraska appears to have taken over as the favorite for Houston.

Per 247Sports, Nebraska has been the pick for six different analysts submitting to the site's crystal ball.

That puts the Huskers at 55-percent to land Demariyon Houston, while Texas holds at the remaining 45-percent.

From 247Sports:

Oklahoma City (Okla.) Millwood wide receiver Demariyon Houston has received six Nebraska predictions over the past few days and the Huskers have moved into the Crystal Ball lead with 55 percent of the overall predictions. The remaining 45 percent belongs to Texas, where he was committed for nearly five months before reopening his recruitment in early December.

His primary recruiter at Nebraska is running backs coach Ryan Held, while offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Troy Walters is also assisting in his recruitment.

After taking an official visit to Lincoln on Jan. 15, Houston received an in-home visit from Nebraska head coach Scott Frost, who was accompanied on the trip by both Held and Walters.

Houston is the No. 400 recruit in 247's composite rankings. He's No. 47 among receivers and No. 5 in Oklahoma.

[247Sports]