With the 2013 season set to kick off in less than a week, many people are dying in anticipation for the season to start. Ohio State fans are no exception -- after going 12-0 last season, fans have high hopes for their team.
In my own excitement for the start of football, I started thinking about what makes being an Ohio State fan great, and came up with a list of things unique to OSU. If you know these things listed below, chances are you're a diehard Buckeye fan.
1. 4 is the perfect number to take an O-H-I-O picture. If you have only 3 people, you can improvise.
2. There is simply no other band that compares to "The Best Damn Band in the Land."
3. We never refer to "That Team Up North" by its actual name.
4. Despite the name, Skull Session has nothing to do with human heads.
5. Singing "Carmen Ohio" is an honor and a privilege, win or lose.
6. Knowing the words to "Hang on Sloopy" is an expectation, not an option.
7. "Dotting the I" takes on a whole new meaning after the age of 6.
8. Jumping into a cold, dirty lake to curse "That Team Up North" is completely normal. (NSFW Language)
9. "The Hive" does not refer to any bees, wasps, or any stinging insects.
10. The 2002 season became the greatest 5 months of your life.
11. There is no such thing as too many Buckeyes on a helmet.
12. You know what the real "Game of the Century" is.
13. You know the source of Mark May's constant trolling.
14. You have a soft spot for Rich Rodriguez. Rodriguez's teams lost to Ohio State by a combined score of 100-24 between 2008-2010.
15. "The Shoe" is not just a stadium. It's a monument that represents the best team in the land, the Ohio State Buckeyes.