Skip to main content

ESPN Computer's Prediction For Ohio State vs. Michigan

A closeup of Ohio State basketball coach Chris Holtmann clapping during a game.

TULSA, OKLAHOMA - MARCH 22: Head coach Chris Holtmann of the Ohio State Buckeyes reacts against the Iowa State Cyclones during the first half in the first round game of the 2019 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at BOK Center on March 22, 2019 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

The Big Ten's game of the year in college basketball is set to tip off in a couple of hours.

Ohio State, the No. 4 team in the country, is set to host No. 3 Michigan in one of the biggest games of the 2020-21 regular season.

Both the Buckeyes and the Wolverines are looking like No. 1 overall seeds in the upcoming NCAA Tournament. Ohio State has been on an absolute tear as of late, winning seven straight games. Michigan, meanwhile, had an extended absence due to the pandemic, but has since returned to the court and looked as dominant as ever. Juwan Howard's team has won back-to-back games against Wisconsin and Rutgers.

Who has the edge on Sunday afternoon?

ESPN's computer model has made its prediction. The Basketball Power Index believes that Ohio State will take this one at home.

ESPN's BPI gives No. 4 Ohio State a 53.7 percent chance of winning this game, giving No. 3 Michigan a 46.3 percent chance at a victory.

Ohio State and Michigan are scheduled to tip off at 1 p.m. E.T. The game will be on CBS.