If the Heisman Trophy was given out after Week 3, the LSU Tigers would have their first winner since 1959.
LSU running back Leonard Fournette has emerged as the clear frontrunner to win the sport's most prestigious trophy. The sophomore has totaled 387 yards and six touchdowns through two games this season. He had a 228-yard, three-touchdown performance against Auburn on Saturday, helping push the Tigers to 2-0 on the season.
Fournette now leads ESPN Experts' Heisman poll, which was released today.
Here's the full poll:
- LSU's Leonard Fournette - 49 points
- Georgia's Nick Chubb - 36 points
- TCU's Trevone Boykin - 24 points
- Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott - 9 points
- Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield - 7 points
- Alabama's Derrick Henry - 5 points
- Cal's Jared Goff - 4 points
- Ole Miss' Chad Kelly - 4 points
- UCLA's Paul Perkins - 4 points
- Texas A&M's Myles Garrett - 3 points
- USC's Cody Kessler - 2 points
- Michigan State's Connor Cook - 1 point
- Stanford's Kevin Hogan - 1 point
- UCLA's Josh Rosen - 1 points
Who would you give your vote to right now?