Skip to main content

ESPN Releases Prediction For Ohio State-Northwestern

Ohio State football players carrying Big Ten football signs.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - DECEMBER 02: The Ohio State Buckeyes celebrate after their 27-21 win over the Wisconsin Badgers during the Big Ten Championship game at Lucas Oil Stadium on December 2, 2017 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

Ohio State and Northwestern are set to meet in the Big Ten Championship Game on Saturday night at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

The Wildcats locked up their Big Ten Championship Game berth earlier in the month, while the Buckeyes secured their spot with a win over rival Michigan on Saturday.

Ohio State heads into the game as a massive favorite, needing a win to stay in the College Football Playoff hunt.

Northwestern, meanwhile, will be looking to play spoiler. A Wildcats' win could send Pat Fitzgerald's team to a major bowl game and knock Urban Meyer's squad out of championship contention.

Who's going to emerge with the win? ESPN has made its prediction.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving No. 10 Ohio State an 84.2 percent chance of winning this game, giving Northwestern just a 15.8 percent chance of pulling off the upset.

Ohio State and Northwestern are set to kick off at 8 p.m. E.T.

The game will be televised on FOX.