Skip to main content

ESPN's Final Prediction For Michigan State-Penn State

Yetur Gross-Matos puts pressure on Brian Lewerke.

STATE COLLEGE, PA - OCTOBER 13: Yetur Gross-Matos #99 of the Penn State Nittany Lions hurries Brian Lewerke #14 of the Michigan State Spartans on October 13, 2018 at Beaver Stadium in State College, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

Ohio State-Wisconsin may be the most important Big Ten contest today. But Saturday afternoon's clash between No. 6 Penn State and Michigan State may prove just as pivotal.

The Nittany Lions have sneakily worked their way to 7-0 with signature wins over Michigan and Iowa. Penn State has proved it can overcome adversity in close games, as its last two contests have been decided by seven points or less.

Michigan State is disappointingly 4-3 so far this season. The Spartans have suffered back-to-back blowout losses to Ohio State and Wisconsin. This will be the third straight game MSU has played against a ranked opponent.

But the Spartans are coming off a much-needed bye week. Mark Dantonio's squad will have to be sharp in today's contest.

ESPN has released its final prediction for Michigan State-Penn State. Its computer model predicts a Penn State victory, giving the Nittany Lions a 69.9 percent chance to win. The Spartans odds are set at 30.1 percent.

Many believe Michigan State could be in for another blowout loss today. But Vegas sees things differently.

Penn State is currently favored by just 4.5 points entering today's game. This contest might be much closer than previously anticipated.

Michigan State-Penn State kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC.