Skip to main content

ESPN's Final Prediction For Today's Alabama-Auburn Game

Tua Tagovailoa points directions to a teammate.

TUSCALOOSA, AL - SEPTEMBER 08: Tua Tagovailoa #13 of the Alabama Crimson Tide runs the offense against the Arkansas State Red Wolves at Bryant-Denny Stadium on September 8, 2018 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Alabama has been the most-dominant team in college football for the first 11 games of the 2018 regular season. Will the Crimson Tide continue to be that in game No. 12? We'll find out against Auburn this afternoon.

Nick Saban and Co. are set to end their regular season against their rival, as the Crimson Tide are taking on the Tigers this afternoon.

Alabama and Auburn are set to kick off at 3:30 p.m. E.T. The game will be televised on CBS.

Does Auburn have any chance of pulling off the upset against No. 1 Alabama?

ESPN has made its prediction.

The answer: Not really.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving No. 1 Alabama a 91.3 percent chance of winning this game, giving Auburn just an 8.7 percent chance of pulling off the upset.

Alabama will be looking to get some revenge for last season's game, when the Tigers upset the Crimson Tide.

"The players all know what happened last year," Saban said this week. "I think they don't feel great about it. They didn't feel good about last year. They've had to live with it for 365 days."

"I don't necessarily think that the revenge factor is the best form of motivation out there, but I think it certainly plays into a guy that's a good competitor who wants to come back and do well if he didn't perform well the last time, he played someone."

Alabama and Auburn are set to kick off at 3:30 p.m. E.T.

The game will be televised on CBS.