Skip to main content

Asante Samuel Jr., Son of Star NFL DB, Considering Miami and Florida State

The elite recruit is down to two schools.

Asante Samuel Jr., the son of former star NFL cornerback Asante Samuel, has yet to make a college decision.

But he's getting close.

The four-star cornerback Fort Lauderdale, Fla. previously announced he was down to two schools and he remains undecided, according to a recent tweet.

It's going to be either Florida State or Miami.

Florida State is believed to be the favorite for Samuel. The Seminoles currently lead 247Sports' "Crystal Ball" predictions, with 93 percent of the picks. Miami has the other 7 percent of the predictions.

Samuel is ranked the No. 14 cornerback in the class.