College football's freshman player of the year award winner has been announced.
Clemson freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence, who replaced Kelly Bryant as the Tigers' starter a couple of weeks into the season, has received the award from the Touchdown Club of Columbus.
Some of the previous winners for the award include:
- Ohio State RB J.K. Dobbins (2017)
- Alabama QB Jalen Hurts (2016)
- Georgia RB Todd Gurley (2012)
- Alabama WR Julio Jones (2008)
- Texas QB Colt McCoy (2006)
It's an impressive list.
Lawrence has his eyes set on a more-important trophy right now, though.
The quarterback has led Clemson into the College Football Playoff. The Tigers will face Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl on Dec. 29.