This past weekend consisted of several huge days of recruiting for some of the top programs in the country. At its conclusion, dozens of commitments to the 2020 recruiting class were announced, altering the college football recruiting landscape.
247Sports has updated its 2020 recruiting class rankings to reflect the changes. While there was no movement in the top two – Clemson and Alabama still dominate the field – there was plenty of movement in the remaining top ten.
Here are the current 2020 recruiting rankings, with the star rating of the committed prospects included.
10. Texas A&M – One 5-star / five 4-stars / seven 3-stars
9. Michigan – Seven 4-stars / 10 3-stars
8. Miami (FL) – One 5-star / six 4-stars / 12 3-stars
7. Ohio State – Two 5-stars / six 4-stars / five 3-stars
6. Florida – Nine 4-stars / Nine 3-stars
5. Notre Dame – One 5-star / eight 4-stars / five 3-stars
4. Georgia – Two 5-stars / 10 4-stars / one 3-star
3. LSU – Two 5-stars / 13 4-stars / five 3-stars
2. Alabama – Two 5-stars / 14 4-stars / four 3-stars
1. Clemson – Five 5-stars / nine 4-stars / four 3-stars
Unsurprisingly, the SEC makes up the bulk of the top 10 with six teams on the list, including three of the top four. The Big Ten and ACC each had two representatives, while independent Notre Dame also made the cut.
Clemson, the country’s leader, has not made much noise since securing a commitment from five-star defensive tackle Demonte Capehart earlier this month. But they are still trending for several more five-star prospects that could make their 2020 recruiting class a historic one.
As always, Alabama is high on the list as Nick Saban is putting together yet another class of NFL-quality players.