The 2021 recruiting class could be a pivotal one for a number of top college football programs. Texas, Clemson, Ohio State and Georgia will all presumably be seeking new starting QBs that they may or may not already be on the roster. So how are the top programs in the country doing in their 2021 recruiting efforts?
247Sports' latest updated recruiting rankings show that Ohio State appears to be lapping the rest of the field. Their 15 commits are the most of any major program, as are their three five-star pickups.
But the rest of the top 10 list contains more than a few surprises. For an example, while Clemson leads the ACC in recruiting, Mack Brown's UNC Tar Heels aren't far behind, nor are the Miami Hurricanes.
Among the other Power Five conferences, Florida leads the SEC, Texas leads in the Big 12, and Oregon leads in the Pac-12.
Here are the top ten 2021 recruiting classes, as ranked by 247Sports:
- Ohio State: 15 commits - Three 5-star, 10 4-star
- Clemson: 10 commits - One 5-star, nine 4-star
- Florida: 13 commits - Seven 4-star
- North Carolina: 11 commits - Nine 4-star
- Miami (Fla): 10 commits - Four 4-star
- Notre Dame: 7 commits - Six 4-star
- Wisconsin: 9 commits - Three 4-star
- Texas: 6 commits - One 5-star, four 4-star
- Maryland: 10 commits - Two 4-star
- Oregon: 6 commits - Five 4-star
Unfortunately, there will be little in the way of visits - official or otherwise - in the weeks to come due to coronavirus-based NCAA restrictions.
So it could be a while before we start seeing some major shakeups in the recruiting rankings.
Who do you think will emerge with the best 2021 recruiting class?