We are expanding!
College Spun, founded in September of 2012, is an independent sports blog that brings you the most interesting college athletics stories of the day. The publication, which reaches over three million unique readers per month, focuses on the social media aspect of the industry.
We’re looking for one full-time writer to add to our staff for our Hoboken, New Jersey (next to NYC) office. We’re looking for candidates who are obsessed with both entrepreneurship and college sports. Ideal candidates will also have relevant experience in digital media. As an employee of College Spun, you will help dictate the site's editorial direction.
- You must be entrepreneurially-minded and OBSESSED with college sports.
- You must have experience at an online publication.
- You must be a great writer who can spot an interesting story and have the personality to tell it in an entertaining way.
- You must be well-versed in social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc).
- You must be able to edit and manage other writers; team players only.
- You must not care about a 9-5, Monday-Friday lifestyle. Games are all on nights and weekends.
- You must be competitive by nature and self-motivated.
- You must be willing to relocate to the NYC area.
Think you’re the perfect candidate? Then we can’t wait to meet you. If that’s not you but you know someone else who is that person, please introduce us.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and two writing samples.