The first massive upset of the 2019 college football season took place in Athens, Ga. this afternoon, when South Carolina shocked No. 3 Georgia in double overtime.
Jake Fromm struggled in the win, throwing three interceptions. The Gamecocks secured the epic win when the Bulldogs’ game-tying field goal in overtime missed.
Georgia was considered a favorite for the College Football Playoff this year. The Bulldogs are now likely facing a serious uphill climb.
FiveThirtyEight has updated its computer projections. Here’s who they have making it now:
1. Clemson, 74 percent chance
2. Ohio State, 54 percent chance
3. Oklahoma, 54 percent chance
4. Alabama, 51 percent chance
The next teams:
5. LSU, 25 percent chance
6. Wisconsin, 18 percent chance
7. Oregon, 17 percent chance
8. Penn State, 15 percent chance
9. Georgia, 15 percent chance
10. Notre Dame, 14 percent chance
You can view 538’s full projections here.