Last year, it was Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield’s wife, Amanda, who stole the show during the NCAA Tournament. This year, it’s the better half of another underdog’s head man getting the celebrity treatment. Dayton head basketball coach Archie Miller’s wife, Morgan, was shown on television celebrating the Flyers’ upset victory over Syracuse, and, well, fans were instantly interested in learning more about her. Should Dayton score another win over Stanford in the Sweet 16, you can bet she’ll be on track for stardom.
Here are some fun facts about Miller, along with some photos she’s posted to Instagram over the years.
1. Morgan’s maiden name is Cruse. She met Archie as an undergrad at NC State and the couple were married in 2003. They have one daughter, Leah Grace.
2. Morgan Miller was also a collegiate athlete. She competed as a member of the track and field team at NC State in the late 1990s.
3. Rumor has it that Morgan’s father, after watching his daughter meet Archie at NC State, predicted that the pair would date once she got to campus.
4. For whatever reason, she really seems to enjoy wearing t-shirts. When she was shown on television last week, she was wearing a “Dayton High Life” tee, which is a clever play on one of Miller’s campaigns.
5. Her emotional reaction to Dayton’s victory over Syracuse went viral on social media. It was one of the more heartwarming scenes of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
Will this be the last we see of her? Something tells us that’s unlikely.