Skip to main content

ESPN Computer's Prediction For Alabama vs. Auburn

Alabama quarterback Mac Jones against Arkansas.

TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA - OCTOBER 26: Mac Jones #10 of the Alabama Crimson Tide warms up prior to facing the Arkansas Razorbacks at Bryant-Denny Stadium on October 26, 2019 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

College football's game of the day is taking place in Tuscaloosa.

Alabama, the No. 1 team in the country, is scheduled to host No. 22 Auburn in the Iron Bowl at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa.

The Crimson Tide enter Saturday afternoon's game as the clear favorite, though they will be without Nick Saban. Alabama's head coach tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week. He's forced to watch the rivalry game from home.

Alabama is a big favorite regardless, though. The Crimson Tide are a three-plus touchdown favorite over the Tigers on Saturday. ESPN's Football Power Index prediction likes Alabama, too.

ESPN's Football Power Index gives Alabama a 92.2 percent chance of winning this game, giving Auburn just a 7.8 percent chance at an upset.

Kirk Herbstreit, meanwhile, thinks it could be close.

"Auburn — to me, it's one of those games where whoever's heavily favored needs to be careful because whenever you say, 'Oh, that's it. Easy win.' Never is an easy win. So hold onto your hat if you're a 'Bama fan, because I'd rather be at a pick 'em game in that kind of rivalry than a game where you're expected to blow out your opponent. So I can't wait for Saturday, to watch that one," Herbstreit said this week.

Alabama and Auburn are scheduled to kick off at 3:30 p.m. E.T. on CBS.