These are the most important players on each team.
Becoming one of the best teams in the country generally takes a lot of talent. The top teams consistently recruit elite players.
But which players are the most important to their team's success?
Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma? Saquon Barkley at Penn State?
ESPN took a look at the top 25 teams in the country and revealed their most important piece.
- Alabama - QB Jalen Hurts
- Clemson - QB Kelly Bryant
- Penn State - RB Saquon Barkley
- Georgia - LB Roquan Smith
- Washington - WR Dante Pettis
- TCU - QB Kenny Hill
- Wisconsin - S D'Cota Dixon
- Washington State - DL Hercules Manta'afa
- Ohio State - QB J.T. Barrett
- Auburn - QB Jarrett Stidham
- Miami - RB Travis Homer
- Oklahoma - QB Baker Mayfield
- USC - QB Sam Darnold
- Oklahoma State - QB Mason Rudolph
- Virginia Tech - LB Tremaine Edmunds
- Notre Dame - QB Brandon Wimbush
- Michigan - QB John O'Korn
- USF - QB Quinton Flowers
- San Diego State - RB Rashaad Penny
- NC State - DE Bradley Chubb
- Michigan State - LB Joe Bachie
- UCF - QB McKenzie Milton
- Stanford - RB Bryce Love
- Texas Tech - WR Keke Coutee
- Navy - QB Zach Abey
The list proves that quarterback is still the most important part of any football team, but defensive players and running backs are still vital to their team's success.