Skip to main content

ESPN Releases 2nd Half Prediction For Notre Dame-Georgia

Jake Fromm warms up before the Georgia-Notre Dame game.

ATHENS, GEORGIA - SEPTEMBER 21: Jake Fromm #11 of the Georgia Bulldogs gets his team fired up prior to playing the Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Sanford Stadium on September 21, 2019 in Athens, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Georgia and Notre Dame are one half into college football's game of the week and, so far, it's been a surprising contest.

The Fighting Irish, who came into the game as a two-touchdown underdog, are leading the No. 3 Bulldogs at halftime.

It's No. 7 Notre Dame 10, No. 3 Georgia 7 after two quarters.

ESPN's Football Power Index has updated its prediction for the second half. It likes the Bulldogs.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving Georgia a 53.5 percent chance of winning this game, giving Notre Dame a 46.5 percent chance.

Georgia will need a better performance from Jake Fromm in the second half in order to pull out this victory.

The Bulldogs' QB has thrown for just 59 yards in two quarters, though he's completed 11 of 12 passes.

Notre Dame, meanwhile, has gotten 146 yards and one touchdown from Ian Book.

The Fighting Irish and the Bulldogs are set to begin the second half on CBS.