The 2018 NFL regular season is still ongoing, but mock draft season is already here. ESPN’s Todd McShay put out his first official mock for 2019 this morning.
As expected, Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa is the No. 1 overall pick, going to the Arizona Cardinals. Bosa hasn’t played since early in the season due to a core muscle injury, but he has been rehabbing and preparing for the draft and is still considered the likely top pick.
Additionally, McShay has Oregon’s Justin Herbert going to the Jacksonville Jaguars at No. 7 overall, though there are still some doubts that Herbert will enter the draft this year.
Here is the full top 10 from McShay:
- Arizona Cardinals – DE Nick Bosa, Ohio State
- San Francisco 49ers – DE Rashan Gary, Michigan
- Oakland Raiders – DT Quinnen Williams, Alabama
- New York Jets – DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson
- Atlanta Falcons – DT Dexter Lawrence, Clemson
- Buffalo Bills – OT Jonah Williams, Alabama
- Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Justin Herbert, Oregon
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB Greedy Williams, LSU
- Detroit Lions – DE/OLB Josh Allen, Kentucky
- New York Giants – QB Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State
Todd McShay’s full first round mock is available here.
The 2019 NFL Draft isn’t until April, so you could expect plenty of changes to McShay’s projections between then and now.
Also, be on the lookout for upcoming mocks from McShay’s ESPN partner, Mel Kiper Jr.