Skip to main content

ESPN Updates Its Prediction For The Alabama-LSU Game

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow in Week 1 win.

BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA - AUGUST 31: Quarterback Joe Burrow #9 of the LSU Tigers warms up prior to the game against the Georgia Southern Eagles at Tiger Stadium on August 31, 2019 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Photo by Marianna Massey/Getty Images)

Alabama and LSU both won on Saturday, meaning the Crimson Tide and the Tigers will head into their massive Week 11 showdown undefeated. We can't wait.

Both Nick Saban's team and Ed Orgeron's squad have Week 10 off, giving them extra time to prepare for what could be the game of the season.

ESPN's Football Power Index has updated its prediction for the game following Week 9's results.

The Worldwide Leader's computer model likes the Crimson Tide - big.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving No. 1 Alabama a 72.2 percent chance to win this game, giving No. 2 LSU just a 27.8 percent chance to pull off the upset.

Alabama dominated LSU last season, but the Tigers are a different team this year. A much-better one, says quarterback Joe Burrow.

“I think we’re a much better football team than last year,” Burrow said. “I think we’re more explosive. I think our defense is really starting to click on all cylinders. I’m excited to get back to practice this week and fine-tune some things we’ve been not very good at the last two weeks.”

Alabama and LSU are set to meet in Tuscaloosa, Ala. on Nov. 9.