ESPN’s computer model is predicting a major top 10 upset in Week 12 of the 2019 college football regular season. The Football Power Index has an undefeated, College Football Playoff contender going down…
Minnesota is up to No. 8 in the College Football Playoff rankings following this past weekend’s big home win over then-unbeaten Penn State.
The Golden Gophers are now 9-0 on the season. They’re very much in control of the Big Ten West Division and are in the race for the College Football Playoff.
ESPN’s Football Power Index sees P.J. Fleck’s team going down on Saturday, though.
ESPN’s computer model is predicting No. 20 Iowa to upset No. 8 Minnesota on Saturday. The FPI is giving the Hawkeyes a 60.8 percent chance of winning, giving the Golden Gophers just a 39.2 percent chance of winning.
A loss wouldn’t be devastating for Minnesota, as the Golden Gophers would still control their own destiny in the Big Ten conference.
However, it would hurt Minnesota’s College Football Playoff chances, especially since the playoff committee doesn’t seem to be very high on the Golden Gophers, ranking them below several one-loss teams.
Minnesota and Iowa are set to kick off at 4 p.m. E.T. on FOX.