Skip to main content

ESPN's Early Prediction For The Ohio State-Cincinnati Game

Justin Fields during his first game at Ohio State.

COLUMBUS, OH - AUGUST 31: Quarterback Justin Fields #1 of the Ohio State Buckeyes completes a pass to K.J. Hill #14 of the Ohio State Buckeyes for a first down in the third quarter against the Florida Atlantic Owls at Ohio Stadium on August 31, 2019 in Columbus, Ohio. Ohio State defeated Florida Atlantic 45-21. (Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)

The battle for Ohio college football in 2019 will take place in Columbus next weekend.

Ohio State is set to host Cincinnati at Ohio Stadium in Week 2 of the regular season a week from this afternoon.

The Buckeyes are coming off a nice Week 1 victory over FAU. Justin Fields led the way with a bunch of touchdowns.

Cincy, meanwhile, had an impressive win over UCLA in Week 1. Luke Fickell, the former Ohio State assistant (and interim) head coach, leads the program into Columbus.

ESPN's Football Power Index has made its prediction.

ESPN's Football Power Index is giving Ohio State a 75.2 percent chance of winning this game, giving Cincinnati a 24.8 percent chance.

Ohio State and Cincinnati are set to kick off at noon E.T. on Saturday.

The game will be on ABC.