These nine teams have the best chance to go undefeated.
ESPN updated its Football Power Index, of FPI, this week. As always, one of the metrics included was a win out percentage.
Since the season hasn’t started yet, this is basically a percentage that calculates the odds of a team going undefeated.
ESPN doesn't see any teams going unbeaten this year--Ohio State has the best predicted record at 12-1--but has given several teams "a chance" at winning out.
There are nine teams with at least a two-percent chance of going undefeated, per the FPI.
Here are those nine teams.
- 1. Ohio State – 35.0 percent chance
- 2. Alabama – 10.0 percent chance
- 3. Oklahoma – 5.4 percent chance
- 4. Washington – 5.0 percent chance
- 5. (tie) Florida State – 4.5 percent chance
Wisconsin – 4.5 percent chance
- 7. Clemson - 2.4 percent chance
- 8. Auburn - 2.1 percent chance
- 9. USF - 2.0 percent chance
Are you picking any of these teams to go unbeaten this fall?
You can see the full rankings here.