The college football season is underway, and Week 1 will be here in a couple of days. It is time to be excited.
While every team has at least a little bit of hope right now before their first game, there are some who are destined to struggle. Those programs could decide to make a change and fire their coach.
An updated list of betting odds for the first coach to be fired has been released, courtesy of BetDSI. You can check them out below.
Maryland’s D.J. Durkin is no longer on the list. Kansas’ David Beaty is not surprisingly first, followed by Lovie Smith, Ed Orgeron, Brian Kelly and Chris Ash to round out the top five.
The full list is as follows:
- David Beaty (Kansas) +400
- Lovie Smith (Illinois) +500
- Ed Orgeron (LSU) +600
- Brian Kelly (ND) +750
- Chris Ash (Rutgers) +800
- Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech) +1000
- Mike MacIntyre (Colorado) +1200
- Barry Odom (Missouri) +1500
- Mike Leach (Washington State) +2000
- Dino Babers (Syracuse) +2000
- Steve Addazio (Boston College) +2500
- Larry Fedora (North Carolina) +2500
- Mark Stoops (Kentucky) +3000
- Herm Edwards (Arizona State) +4000
- Bobby Petrino (Louisville) +7500
- Gus Malzahn (Auburn) +10000
- Field (Any Other Head Coach) +150
Which of these names will be the first to go? Or will it be someone not even listed?
No coach wants to be on this list, but they play the games for a reason. Just because your name is here doesn’t mean you will be fired.