Skip to main content Reporter Courtney Roland Releases Statement After Disappearance

A general view of Texas A&M's football stadium.

COLLEGE STATION, TX - OCTOBER 03: General view as Mississippi State Bulldogs kicks off to the Texas A&M Aggies in the first quarter on October 3, 2015 at Kyle Field in College Station, Texas. (Photo by Thomas B. Shea/Getty Images)

The college football reporter has released a statement about what happened.

Courtney Roland, the reporter who went missing earlier this month, has released a statement on Twitter. She explained what happened.

The 29-year-old reporter, who covers Texas A&M for Rivals, went missing last weekend. She was last heard from early Sunday, Jan. 7. Roland sent a text message to her roommate, saying she was being followed by a suspicious man.

Houston Police later found Roland underneath an overpass. Her car was parked in a lot outside The Galleria, a mall in the Houston area.

Officers explained that Roland appeared confused at the time they found her and they believed that some kind of medical reaction caused the disappearance.

“When our people were talking with her she seemed pretty confused about everything,” police Lt. Manuel Cruz Jr. told reporters.

Roland explained in her statement today that doctors found she suffered an "adverse reaction" to the prescription medication she was taking. She underwent five days of extensive testing.

Her full statement can be read below. She thanked everyone for all of their prayers.

Houston Police originally found Roland early on Monday the 8th after a passerby called in a tip, believing they recognized her underneath the overpass after seeing her photo on social media. Photos from a Houston news station show where Roland was found:

Roland reportedly spent most of her time during her disappearance searching for a missed phone.

"Cruz said she appeared to have spent much of her time searching for her phone, which was found in the Jeep along with other personal items. At one point she was using an iPad app in an effort to find the phone.

She wasn’t aware that she had been reported as missing and her state of confusion caused her to lose track of time, police said," reported CBS.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with Roland and her family as she continues to recover.