Skip to main content

The 3 Favorites To Land The No. 1 Running Back In The Country

A pylon with the SEC logo on it.

ATLANTA, GA - DECEMBER 07: An 'SEC' logo is seen on an end zone pylon before the Missouri Tigers take on the Auburn Tigers during the SEC Championship Game at Georgia Dome on December 7, 2013 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)

The Opening Regional in Miami took place today. The No. 1 running back in the country put on quite a performance.

Trey Sanders, a five-star running back out of Bradenton, Fla., showed why he's the highest-rated player at his position. He's sure to earn a spot in Nike's The Opening final event in Oregon this summer.

247Sports' Luke Stampini tweeted out a video of Sanders juking a defender out of his shoes this morning. Check it out:

That's a high school junior...just wait until he gets to college. Where will Sanders be playing his college football? That remains to be seen.

Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 216-pound running back, de-committed from Alabama in early January. Here's the latest on his recruitment.

Sanders said that Alabama was still his leading school following his de-commitment. Is that still the case? 247Sports' "Crystal Ball" predictions don't think so. Another school has emerged as the favorite. Florida State has 80 percent of the predictions. Alabama has the other 20 percent.

Another school is believed to be heavily in the mix, too. Georgia is listed as a "warm" contender on 247Sports.

It looks like this recruitment will come down to Alabama, Florida State and Georgia. Stay tuned...