After two days and almost 500,000 votes, we’re moving onto the second round of our 64 Most Annoying People In Sports Media bracket. We’ve learned a few things along the way.
- We seriously underseeded Jim Rome, who took down 1-seed Clay Travis in a tight battle. Who knew?
- Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are going to be really, really hard to beat.
- Jemele Hill is a sleeper to come out of Darren Rovell’s region.
- Colin Cowherd vs. Deadspin is going to be fantastic.
- The biggest snub, according to the thousands of tweets/emails we got, was Dan Dakich.
Voting is now closed on the first round of the tournament. You can view the results here. Let’s vote on the second round:
The 64 Most Annoying People In Sports Media: Round Of 32
Vote On The Right Side Of The Bracket Below
Skip Bayless Region:
1. Skip Bayless vs. 8. Mike Greenberg
Bayless scored the biggest win of the entire first round, 94%-6% over Mike Bianchi. Greenberg took down Golic, 58%-42%. It’s a morning show battle in round two.
2. Colin Cowherd vs. 10. Deadspin
Cowherd, who took down McIntyre, 85%-15%, thinks that Deadspin has fallen off. We’ll find out. Deadspin beat Jay Bilas, 66%-34%.
3. Mike Francesa vs. 11. Woody Paige
Mr. Diet Coke vs. Around The Horn’s most notorious villain. Francesa crushed SDS, 80%-20%. Paige scored an upset over Barkley, 71%-29%.
4. Paul Finebaum vs. 5. Jason Whitlock
Pawwl vs. Big Sexy – lord help us. Finebaum beat out Beadle, 70%-30%. Whitlock snuck by Papi LeBatard, 60%-40%.
Clay Travis Region:
8. Rick Reilly vs. 16. Jim Rome
Rome took down 1-seed Clay Travis, 54%-46%. Apparently people really still don’t like him. Reilly, who defeated Todd McShay, 71%-29%, is a tough out though.
2. Dick Vitale vs. 7. Max Kellerman
Vitale shouldn’t be on here? So much for that – he crushed Nantz, 74%-26%. Barstool fell to Kellerman, 57%-43%. One of the more intriguing round two matchups.
3. Doug Gottlieb vs. 11. SB Nation’s Twitter Mafia
Gottlieb edged out Jaws, 59%-41%. SB Nation notched perhaps the best upset of the first round, beating out Herbstreit, 72%-28%. A round two win would be shocking.
4. Keith Olbermann vs. 12. Lee Corso
Olbermann doubled up Chris Chase, 67%-33%. Corso beat out his former coworker, Erin Andrews, 59%-41%. These two people are so drastically different it’s amazing they’re facing off.