The 2016 NCAA Tournament has been fantastic thus far, but in our minds, it doesn’t hold a candle to the competition we have going here at College Spun. After another round of voting, you all have determined the 16 most annoying people in sports media. Let’s see what we’ve learned since last Wednesday:
- Jim Rome, a 16-seed, is still alive – meaning we greatly underestimated how much damage he did when he still had a television show.
- Dan LeBatard scored the closest win of the round, beating Joe Buck, 51%-49%.
- Jemele Hill is the only woman left in the field.
- Darren Rovell became the second 1-seed to fall.
- Stephen A. Smith vs. Skip Bayless in a potential final might break the Internet.
The 64 Most Annoying People In Sports Media: Sweet 16
Vote On The Sweet 16 Below
1. Stephen A. Smith vs. 5. Curt Schilling
Smith annihilated Mel Kiper, 83%-17%. If he does the same to Schilling, who squeaked by Mike Lupica, we’ll have a new favorite on our hands.
2. Mark May vs. 6. Dan LeBatard
May crushed Peter King, 68%-32%. LeBatard edged out Joe Buck, 51%-49%. Can he score a huge upset and meet Smith in the finals of the region?
4. Bomani Jones vs. 9. Jay Mariotti
Mariotti hasn’t been on television for years, but that doesn’t seem to matter. Bo took down Bill Simmons, but he may have met his match this time around.
2. Chris Berman vs. 11. Jemele Hill
Jemele Hill’s Twitter feed after Michigan State’s loss was hilarious. Berman is never hilarious.
1. Skip Bayless vs. 4. Paul Finebaum
The disdain for Skip Bayless is so high that he beat Mike Greenberg 90%-10%. Finebaum may be the ultimate SEC homer, but he’s a long shot here.
2. Colin Cowherd vs. 3. Mike Francesa
Two sports talk radio hosts who drive people nuts. Good luck picking a winner here.
4. Keith Olbermann vs. 16. Jim Rome
Is this the mid-2000s? How did this happen?
2. Dick Vitale vs. 3. Doug Gottlieb
Someone who doesn’t try to be annoying versus someone who does. It’ll be close.