The betting lines are in.
The 2017 college football season is over. Alabama walked away with yet another title after an overtime comeback victory over Georgia in the championship game.
With 2017 in the rearview, it's time to take a look at the 2018 season. Betting lines for the opening weekend of games have arrived.
Let's take a look. We've already talked about the ridiculous line between Alabama and Louisville, who will be without Lamar Jackson this season.
A few other mammoth games are scheduled for the first weekend of college football. Here are the opening lines for some of those games, per 5dimes.
- Alabama is favored by 29.5 over Louisville
- Auburn is favored by 2 over Washington
- West Virginia is favored by 8 over Tennessee
- Texas is favored by 10 over Maryland
- Notre Dame is favored by 2 over Michigan
- Ohio State is favored by 31 over Oregon State
- Oklahoma is favored by 21 over FAU
- LSU is favored by 1 over Miami (FL)
Those are the betting lines for college football's opening weekend. Oklahoma will feature a new quarterback for the first time in three years and has to open the season against a potent FAU team.
Notre Dame and Michigan is an interesting season opener. The Wolverines might have Shea Patterson eligible to play for the 2018 season which would automatically make Michigan a College Football Playoff contender.
We can't wait for the 2018 season to get here.