The Nittany Lions' history vs. the Wolverines when ranked highly isn't great.
Penn State enters Saturday night's game against Michigan as a double-digit favorite. The Nittany Lions are a 10-point favorite vs. the Wolverines. OddsShark's computer projects a 37-21 win for James Franklin's team.
Should PSU fans be worried?
While the betting lines say no, history says yes.
Penn State, No. 2 in the latest top 25 polls, has lost six of its last eight games against Michigan when ranked inside the top 10.
- 2008: #3 Penn State defeats unranked Michigan 46-17
- 2007: Unranked Michigan defeats #10 Penn State 14-9
- 2005: Unranked Michigan defeats #8 Penn State 27-25
- 1999: #16 Michigan defeats #6 Penn State 31-27
- 1998: #22 Michigan defeats #9 Penn State 27-0
- 1997: #4 Michigan defeats #2 Penn State 34-8
- 1994: #3 Penn State defeats #5 Michigan 31-24
- 1993: #18 Michigan defeats #7 Penn State 21-13
Can Michigan pull off another upset this Saturday?
The Wolverines will have to get significantly better play from the QB position. John O'Korn threw for just 58 yards in the overtime win against Indiana on Saturday.