Here are the FPI’s “lock” picks for Saturday.
ESPN’s computer is basically guaranteeing eight top 25 teams victories on Saturday.
According to ESPN’s Football Power Index, the following teams are “locks” to get the W this weekend.
These eight teams all have a better than 90 percent chance to win, per ESPN’s computer:
- No. 1 Alabama vs. Ole Miss
- No. 4 Penn State vs. Indiana
- No. 6 Washington @ Oregon State
- No. 10 Wisconsin vs. Northwestern
- No. 11 Ohio State @ Rutgers
- No. 17 Louisville vs. Murray State
- No. 22 Notre Dame vs. Miami (OH)
- No. 25 LSU vs. Troy
Last year, Indiana actually led Penn State 31-28 with five minutes to go in the fourth quarter, and the Hoosiers did play tough against the Buckeyes earlier this year. So if there's one matchup that has even the slightest chance of being an upset, it's potentially that one.
Still, it's pretty difficult to imagine any of these ranked teams losing this weekend.