In 2013, there have been an exorbitant amount of buzzer beaters, and we're only 13 days into the calendar year. So why not take an early shot at ranking them?
Here's a list of the top ten last-second desperation shots that found the nylon in 2013, so far. It's mostly from college competition, but there were a few from high school and middle school that were too good to pass up.
One thing is for certain, you can't argue with No. 1.
10. Corey Hawkins lifts UC Davis over Cal Poly, 69-67.
9. Devon Saddler helps Delaware defeat Georgia State.
8. Boise State's Jeff Elorriaga gives Wyoming its first loss of the season.
7. Texas' Jonathan Holmes nails a three-ball to tie the game, but WVU prevails in OT.
6. Marquette's horrible defense allows Pitt's Lamar Patterson to take a wide-open three to tie the game. Pitt lost in OT.
5. Colorado's Sabotino Chen hits buzzer beater to take down unbeaten Arizona, but it somehow got waived off.
4. Noah Frampton takes a full-court-length pass from Matt Chandler and makes a "Laettner-esque" shot to give Poca High School the win over Scott High School in West Virginia.
3. Kansas' Ben McLemore saves the Jawhawks from losing to Iowa State. They won in OT.
2. Marquette's Junior Cadougan hits the pull-up three to take UConn to overtime, where the Golden Eagles prevailed.
1. WINNER: Remember the name; Matt DeMember. Kid's going to be a star.