College football season has ended and it is on to postseason all-star games, followed by the NFL Combine. Draft season has begun, and with it comes the onslaught of mock drafts over the next three months.
ESPN’s Mel Kiper unveiled his first official mock the 2019 NFL Draft this morning. You can find the full version below.
Kiper will put out several versions of this mock between now and late-April, but this is the first one to get the conversation started.
Mock Draft 1.0: https://t.co/tMY7AXRU0m
— Mel Kiper Jr. (@MelKiperESPN) January 17, 2019
As of now, Kiper’s top 10 picks look like this:
- Arizona Cardinals – Ohio State DE Nick Bosa
- San Francisco 49ers – Kentucky OLB Josh Allen
- New York Jets – Alabama DT Quinnen Williams
- Oakland Raiders – LSU CB Greedy Williams
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Alabama OL Jonah Williams
- New York Giants – Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Oklahoma OL Cody Ford
- Detroit Lions – LSU LB Devin White
- Buffalo Bills – Michigan DL Rashan Gary
- Denver Broncos – Georgia CB Deandre Baker
Kiper’s top 10 reflects the popular analysis about this draft: it is heavy in defensive talent, pretty good for offensive linemen and light on quarterbacks.
As for Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray, Kiper has him off the board at No. 13 to the Miami Dolphins. Murray officially declared for the draft on Monday.
There’s a still a chance he focuses on baseball, but right now, it looks like his attention is on football. That isn’t likely to change either if he is indeed the second quarterback taken in April.
— TodayInSports🗯 (@TodayInSports3) January 17, 2019
The 2019 NFL Draft will be held from April 25-27 in Nashville.
It will be televised on ESPN, ESPN2 and NFL Network.