When the Alliance of American Football (AAF) kicks off in a few weeks, eight former members of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish will be taking the field.
The AAF rosters were released this week, and ND Insider identified eight former Notre Dame players set to play in the upstart football league:
- Linebacker Nyles Morgan (2014-17) will be joining the Arizona Hotshots.
- Running back Tarean Folston (2013-16) will be joining the Atlanta Legends.
- Defensive back Max Redfield (2013-15) is a member of the Birmingham Iron
- Cornerback Cody Riggs (2014) and punter Ben Turk (2009-12) will play for the Orlando Apollos.
- Linebacker Greer Martini (2014-17) will be a member of the Salt Lake Stallions.
- Long snapper Scott Daly (2013-16) is joining the San Antonio Commanders.
- Offensive guard John Montelus is a member of the San Diego Fleet.
Folston led Notre Dame in rushing yards and was second in yards from scrimmage in 2014. Redfield and Riggs were both defenders on that same team.
Morgan and Martini were top-five tacklers on the team in 2016 and 2017.
Turk was the starting punter for three straight seasons, from 2010 to 2012, averaging just under 40 yards per punt for his career.
Notre Dame also has representation in the AAF front office, with former Fighting Irish and New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck serving on the Player Engagements Board Of Advisors.
The league is set to play its inaugural games on Saturday, February 9, when San Antonio hosts San Diego and Orlando hosts Atlanta.